Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Post 8: First Contact

Well it is a late post today but I'm good as long as it's before midnight. I've been debating on what I wanted to post about today, but I think I've finally made up my mind. Last night, Zach Braff was on Conan and he introduced the following movie:


The High Cost of Living

This movie actually came out in Canada so it probably won't be released widely in the US anytime soon if at all. But it definitely looks interesting. It seems to be a pretty straight-forward story about the good that can come out of tragedy and trying to live your life rather than simply going through the motions. I generally like Zach Braff. I think that Scrubs was a pretty funny sitcom and I'm currently going back through all the episodes on Netflix. While I do think that Garden State is probably one of the most overrated indie films I have come across, Zach Braff did a good job in it and it had a really good soundtrack so I'd be willing to give this a shot. Deborah Chow hasn't directed any feature films before but I'm always interested to see a woman's perspective in film and am willing to support any first time filmmakers if their story seems interesting.

The next movie, I'm pretty excited about and wanted to see it as soon as I saw the first trailer sometime last year.


Cowboys and Aliens

Who wouldn't want to see this? It's about cowboys AND aliens. What more could you ask for? Wait...There's more! It's also got Harrison Ford AND Daniel Craig WHAT??!!! This movie is going to be crazy! You can't pass this up and if you can....it probably means that you are a woman because let's face it, this is a man's movie. If women see it, it will probably be because their man dragged them to it and/or they have a thing for Daniel Craig but for a storyline like this I'm guessing that not too many women will be jumping to the front of the line.

I just found out that you can watch Super ON DEMAND through Comcast. I might actually check it out since I doubt it will be playing at a theater near me. If and when I do, I will be sure to post a review. Well, that's all I got today. As always I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what I have here and would like to hear some of your opinions. Drop me a line in my comments or send a shout to ALovitz on twitter.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment