Friday, May 27, 2011

Post 20: Die Another Day

Well it's Friday so it will probably be a rather short post today. I'm ready for the extended weekend and hopefully will be watching a movie but we'll see how it goes. The Hangover 2 is probably the one I'm most excited about this weekend. Next weekend, the following interesting movie comes out:


Beginners

This movie looks pretty interesting and it stars Ewan McGregor. He is a very good actor and I like many of his movies. One of my favorite movies of his is Big Fish and if you have not seen that movie, you should watch it. Beginners is directed by a relative newcomer Mike Mills whose other works I have not seen so I have no preconcieved notions about it. Considering that it comes out the same time as X-Men:First Class I doubt much attention will be paid to it. It definitely looks like an art house movie so hopefully it doesn't come off as pretentious but I'm sure I'll check it out at some point.


Beautiful Boy

This movie also comes out next weekend. Maria Bello is a pretty good actress and she probably did a great job in this movie as well. She was awesome in The Cooler and in A History of Violence so I can't see her doing a bad job at all. The storyline is a little different than other movies with a family getting over not just the death of their son but also the fact that their son committed a terrible crime before he died. It will be about perserverance and choices that we make when adversity comes into our lives. Hopefully it will look at questions about judging ourselves based on the actions of our children and will make us think about how we judge others based on the actions of their children. It will probably be a different vibe than people are expecting when they head to the movies for the summer but I'm sure it will be good for those who watch to examine their ways of thinking.

Well that's about all I got today. I do have one more thing. Since it has been stuck in my head for quite a while I think I will subject everyone to this song. Have a great weekend and try to see a movie or 2 soon.

Have Fun!


Firework Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment