Thursday, May 19, 2011

Post 14: A View to Kill

Welcome back everyone. I'm not sure how many people are actually reading this site but I hope that you are enjoying yourselves. Movies and popular entertainment in general should be about connections and the more people that pass through my site the more connections that can be made. I know I'm not diving too deep in my material but I'm hoping that I can introduce something that gets you to say, "Hey I want to see that!" or "Oh my god why would anyone want to see that?". SOME reaction is what I am going for here.

Lets look at the first movie shall we?


Midnight in Paris

This is a Woody Allen film. A film that will be about relationships and probably very quirky or neurotic relationships. The movie is set in the city of Paris, and one of the relationships that I am sure will be explored will be the one between the human characters and the city itself. I think this was probably and easy part for Owen Wilson as it seems to definitely fit his style. I enjoy Owen Wilson's movies although he generally plays the same character. Rachel McAdams is very pretty and she and Owen Wilson had some pretty good chemistry in The Wedding Crashers. Overall I'd say this is one for the girls and looks like something I'd check out on HBO if I had nothing better to do.


Bride Flight

I'm pretty sure I won't be lining up to see this one but it reminds me of something that my mom would want to see, along the lines of The English Patient or Pearl Harbor. It comes from the Netherlands so I don't know how many people will get the chance to see it but emotions are the same in most cultures so I don't think much will be missed.

Well I figured I would showcase a couple of movies that are different than most that I have previewed before. I don't know what else to say about them since I don't plan on watching them in the theaters. If given the chance I'll watch almost any movie so I'm not ruling it out. In general, I just wanted to have something here for everyone. Let me know what you think.

That's all for today. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to talk about or let me know your thoughts.

Have Fun!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron... I read your blog everyday, so you at least have 1 reader. I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on the movies and look forward to the rest of the month.

    I love movies and will probably watch every movie you've posted about, except super 8. I just don't know about that one, but i'll try. I've only hated one movie and walked out on one movie, so let's see if this one adds to the list of movies that should not be watched... EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Regina I appreciate your comment and am glad that you are keeping up. I read yours every day as well and would have read everyone else's blog had they been competing. Oh well.

    Which movie is it that you hated and walked out on? or are those 2 different movies?

    For me Super 8 is more about nostalgia. I feel like that is going to be a movie like ET (a movie I loved as a kid), a sappy movie about aliens that the kids learn something from. I could be wrong and it might be some ridiculous alien attack but considering who the director and producer are I can't see it ending in a scary or terrible way.

    Thanks again for the comment!

    ReplyDelete