Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Post 13: Octopussy

Man I can't believe what time it is and I haven't even posted today. Supposedly time flies when you are having fun but it apparently also flies when you have a lot of stuff to do.

We are over the half-way mark in the blog a day in May competition. Unless I am mistaken, only 2 people remain in contention. Regina and I. It hasn't been much of a competition really since it's not much fun with very few competitors, but I'm not one to give up (at least when we are talking about something other than running). Oh well, hopefully Regina and I can keep things going and keep people entertained if nothing else for the next couple of weeks.

Either way, welcome back everyone. As always we are talking about movies. Generally we are just looking at previews of upcoming movies but once in while I have thrown in some throwbacks. I talk a little about each preview and hope to encourage dialog, although for the most part it's been more of a monologue. If you have any contributions you want to add to anything please feel free to post something in the comments.

Let's check out today's first preview:


Cars 2

This is only the third Pixar movie to be a direct sequel of an original, with the first two being Toy Story 2 and 3. I liked the first Cars. It was an interesting film that told a simple story about a hot-shot racecar that got knocked down a few pegs and came to understand what life is all about. It wasn't outlandish or unbelievable because there have been many storylines like that in the past. This movie seems to be a little more on the outlandish side. It seems to be more of a Fast and Furious type of movie rather than a Days of Thunder type. Both have their place but I personally liked the first movie because it was a simple story and it didn't try too hard to be something it wasn't. I will probably like this movie as James Bond types of movies intrigue me (as you can probably tell from my post titles) but I have reservations about the type of movie it is trying to be. Now I haven't watched a Pixar movie that I haven't liked so it is doubtful that I will not like this one either but we shall see.


Judy Moody

This one's for the kids, or maybe the kids at heart. The thing that got me the most interested in this is Heather Graham. I also like zany, crazy movies and the color scheme of this movie is pretty intense. I wouldn't pay money to watch this and will probably be waiting until it comes on ABC and I have nothing else at all to do, but I'm sure it could be a good time waster. A few weeks ago I watched The Diary of a Wimpy Kid on HBO and this actually looks better than that movie actually was.

Well that's all I have time for today. If you have any suggestions or thoughts about anything I have put up, I'm always up for hearing them. Thanks for stopping by!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment