Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Post 12: For Your Eyes Only

Welcome back everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day. I have a couple of movies to preview today and I have a blog that I think everyone should check out that is movie related.

As you all know, I love movies. I also have a great appreciation for art especially if it involves movies in some way. I like art that is simple and easy to understand and this blog that I found today combines all of this: Minimal Movie Posters There are some pretty awesome posters here and some pretty awful ones, but awesomeness is often in the eye of the beholder. Either way, I highly recommend checking it out. Let's check out our first movie


The Immortals

This movie looks pretty awesome. I really like stylized movies such as 300, Watchmen and Suckerpunch. This movie looks to be in that same realm. Greek gods, Huge armies and Awesome fight scenes are what this movie will be about. This stars Mickey Rourke and Henry Cavill who is also apparently the next Superman. The Director Tarsem Singh has only directed a couple other films, The Cell with Jennifer Lopez and The Fall a foriegn film that looked pretty awesome as well. There is a lot of potential for this movie to be awesome or epically fail. Time will tell. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until November but since it comes out on Veterans day I'd say take a soldier to the movies and check this one out.


Super 8

This movie has been on people's radar for over a year. It is finally coming out this summer. This is a movie directed and written by J.J. Abrams and produced by Steven Spielburg. This means that there will be a focus on cinemetography and an interesting storyline that will probably have you caring for the thing you fear by the end of the movie. That's what I'm guessing anyway. There is a lot of hype here and it will probably propel the careers of each of the stars into the stratosphere so to speak. I'm guessing there is going to be something here for everyone of all ages and it will be good to see something awesome that isn't comic book related this summer.

Well that's all I have time to look at today. Stop in anytime to see what I'm talking about or post some thoughts of your own in the comments. I'm always interested to hear what you think. Thanks for reading.

Have Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Immortals looks like it will be entertaining and action packed. Just my kind of movie...next to romantic dramas. :) I'll add it to the long list of movies I'm planning to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can probably tell, I'll watch pretty much anything. I think my post later today will have something romantic you might want to check out.

    ReplyDelete