Monday, May 16, 2011

Post 11: Moonraker

Welcome back everyone. Apparently the internet gods are not letting my post number 9 return so I am going to re-preview The Tree of Life today. This looks an interesting movie starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. It reminds me of movies like Dragonfly with Kevin Costner and Hereafter with Matt Damon. It's supposed to be about a man remembering life as a child and trying to understand how he ended up in his current position. It will probably use spirituality and drama to show Sean Penn's character search for meaning in his life.


The Tree of Life

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to watch Super or much else this weekend but I did watch a movie that was a blast from the past.


The Wizard

I thought this movie was pretty great when I heard about it as a kid. I mean I play video games so this movie must be awesome. Watching it this weekend I saw it as a giant Nintendo commercial made by people that don't really play video games. My whole thought was don't these competitions require entry fees and who's paying for thier support calls. They made a lot of calls to Nintendo support to figure out how to play the games better. The amount of time they called would have costs hundreds if not thousands of dollars and kids watching the movie wouldn't have realized this.

Also, one of the big things in the last game in the movie was the fact that the kid found a warp zone and got further in the game than everyone else. The thing that is wrong with this is they are playing for points and in Super Mario Brothers you actually get a lot more points if you play through all the levels. Or perhaps I'm thinking too much about it.

Oh well it was a fun movie to reminisce about the late 80s and realize that while movies based on video games are sometimes ridiculous, movies about people playing video games are even more so.

Well that's all the time I have for today. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. Thanks for stopping by.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment